Historically called St. Andrews Kirk or the Scots Kirk, this building was completed in 1834 through the efforts of a group of seven Scottish immigrants to Jamaica who formed a committee to establish the church and purchased the lot from the Anglican Vestry of Trelawny Parish. The grave of one of the church elders, Alexander Simpson, is still visible in the churchyard. While the brick shell of the building survives from its construction, the building has been extensively altered over time. The bell tower that shelters the door on the north façade is supported by four thin cast iron columns that were originally used in the interior of the church to support a gallery. The congregation is now part of the United Church in Jamaica and the Cayman Islands
Rodney Street District
“Unity Church,” The Falmouth Project, accessed March 22, 2018, http://falmouth.lib.virginia.edu/items/show/937.