Current Query

  • Location Water Square and Market Street District Xcheckmark
  • Use governmental Xcheckmark
Displaying items 1 – 6 of 6 Start Over

Results

Falmouth Courthouse

The construction of this new Georgian courthouse in 1815 marked Falmouth’s rising prosperity as a port and its importance as the parish seat of Trelawny. Unlike most courthouses, this building overlooks the harbor, acknowledging Falmouth’s economic dependence on the many wharves that originally lined ...

Trelawny Street

A one-story outbuilding with a pyramidal roof with a small, unfinished spire atop. Wood louver casement window is located on the west facade. Two plywood boards are located on the east and possibly cover a door opening. The building is painted cream. It is attached ...

Trelawny Street

A two story structure with a hipped roof. The first floor has walls of cut stone. There are no windows on the south and west on the first floor. The second story has walls of brick. Three casement windows are located on the south facade ...

8 Duke Street

Zinc gable roof. South side 1st floor has a glass double door flanked by three pane windows. The 2nd floor has a barred double door flanked by single pane windows flanked by wood jalousies. All are accessed by a balcony. The east side 1st floor ...

17 Market Street

Shingle gable roof. Beige paint with red water table. North side has two door openings, two window openings, and one barred glass jalousie. The east side has a garage entrance. The south side is turquoise painted brick with a Jamaican flag painting. The building is ...

Vermont House (Post Office)

The building that now serves as the Falmouth Post Office is one of the finest extant examples of merchant house-stores in the city. Thomas Robert Vermont, a senior resident magistrate of the local parish, built the house in the mid-1830s. Two stories of brick ...