Current Query

  • Use Religious Xcheckmark
Displaying items 1 – 9 of 24 Start Over

Results

Queen Street

One story church with 2 substantial massings. The larger of the two (South) has a gable roof while the smaller massing on the northwest has a shed roof. Double doors open to the north with wood grill above. Wood louvered windows are located on all facades. ...

Baptist Manse

The building now known as the Baptist Manse was built as a Masonic Temple in 1798. Based upon practices in other Masonic temples, members likely gathered for meals downstairs and performed the rites of their order upstairs. The Gothic pointed arches of the second floor windows ...

Pitt Street

3-bay. Low-pitched front gable roof. Rectangular floor plan. Zinc roof sheathing over a timber frame. Central porch with a semi-circular concrete roof deck. Color scheme is pale yellow with deep red windows and a front door. All windows are wooden louvered. Decorative tripartite windows with ...

5 Market Street

Yellow building, recently restored, decorative woodcuts, red corrugated roof, portico on the east side of building.

[Untitled]

Painted white, decorative wrought iron gate, portico on the front of the building

17 Rodney Street

St. Joseph’s Catholic Church is a building unlike any other in Falmouth. Its distinctive eight gabled roof with louvered windows and decorative concrete ‘breeze block’ were designed to accommodate the tropical heat of Falmouth. Built to the architectural plans of Father Joseph Maxwell, a ...

Rodney Street

This is perhaps the most destructive, consciously modernist mid-20th century building in Falmouth. It is a round concrete building with rock-faced extensions and an open porch on the north, facing the water. Decorative pierced concrete "breeze block" provides ventilation above double doors under a ...

Unity Church

Historically called St. Andrews Kirk or the Scots Kirk, this building was completed in 1834 through the efforts of a group of seven Scottish immigrants to Jamaica who formed a committee to establish the church and purchased the lot from the Anglican Vestry of Trelawny Parish. ...

48 Market Street