Current Query

  • Date 1801–1850 Xcheckmark
  • Use governmental Xcheckmark
Displaying items 1 – 6 of 6 Start Over

Results

Falmouth Courthouse

The construction of this new Georgian courthouse in 1815 marked Falmouth’s rising prosperity as a port and its importance as the parish seat of Trelawny. Unlike most courthouses, this building overlooks the harbor, acknowledging Falmouth’s economic dependence on the many wharves that originally lined ...

2 Trelawny Street

3 bays, front painted bright blue, 2nd story porch runs along south side of the building, 6/6 sash windows with jack arches (2nd story windows have been narrowed), belt course.

Trelawny Street

A two story structure with a hipped roof. The first floor has walls of cut stone. There are no windows on the south and west on the first floor. The second story has walls of brick. Three casement windows are located on the south facade ...

5 Rodney Street

The lower floor consists of cells arranged on both sides of two north-south passages. Long front stone steps rise to a porch in front of a projecting upper-floor entry, which gives access to two large front rooms, in front of four smaller rooms. Much original ...

Fort Balcarres

This site was first developed in 1803 to serve as Fort Balcarres, defending the mouth of the harbor. The site was dominated by the long stone barracks that today serves as one of the two main buildings for the school. The fort was moved to this ...

9 Seaboard Street

Two story building, nogged with brick and covered with board siding. Double hipped roof. The south facade has a central door with a shed roof that leads to a central hallway. Windows on the first floor are glass jalousie three. The 2nd floor windows are 6...